Whats the goal?
- see urgent problems in an critical area that triggers immediate action
What to show?
- problems that endanger the product
- problems that usually gets missed
- critical problem that does not have a clear owner (otherwise notify directly)
- that affects many
What not to show?
- information that can be transferred more efficient
- things that don’t require immediate action
How to show it?
- color codes
How to react?
- If something triggers immediate action, this error state has to be resolved ASAP, otherwise people get used to those errors and stop looking at it
Here is an article about a ci dashboard.